If you encounter messages indicating that you are unable to use Kronos on a PC, the following steps to access it using IE11 in compatibility mode seem to be the most consistent form of access. (Please note, using these steps can also affect how some other areas of the juniata.edu website display in Internet Explorer.)
1. In the upper right corner of Internet Explorer, click on the settings icon (it looks like a cog wheel) and choose the 'Compatibility View Settings' option in the menu that appears.
2. In the configuration box that appears, type 'juniata.edu' in the 'Add this website' box and then click the 'Add' button. You can then close this window.
3. Log in to Kronos. You may see a message at the bottom of your browser asking you if you want to save your password. Respond to this message.
4. You should now see a message at the bottom of your browser asking if you want to run the 'Java SE Runtime Environment 7 update 67'. Click 'Allow'
5. It will then notify you that your Java version is out of date and ask you how to proceed. Check the box that indicates 'Do not ask again until the next update is available.' and then choose 'Later'.
6. There will be a slight delay and then a a 'Do you want to run this application?' message will appear. Check the box that indicates 'Do not show this again for apps from the publisher and location above.' and then click the 'Run' button.
7. You will then receive a warning message that the version of Java is blocked by your security setting. Choose the 'Run with the lastest version' button.
After completing these steps, you should now be able to use Kronos.